These guidelines cover:
1. Deciding whether CCTV is right for you
2. Have a clear plan
3. Selecting and positioning cameras
4. Make people aware of the CCTV
5. Collecting only necessary images
6. Using the CCTV images
7. Storage and retention of images
8. Controlling who can see the images
9. Audit and evaluation
View a copy of the full guidelines and a copy of the 'Guidelines only' summary version.
Please note that the link to the NZ Police's example of a CCTV public notice (on page 14 of the guidelines) has changed and is now here.